Monday 4 May 2009

Food can be so emotional

Okay, so food isn't emotional, but it seems like there are a lot of emotional responses to food or deprivation of food.

I dropped by Starbucks to see how my lovely lady is doing and was met with a very tired and somewhat sulky girl, wishing... no, LONGING for some salad dressing for her salad. I admit, her salad definitely looked less than appealing: spinach, carrots, green peppers, onion, cucumber. Mine looked fantastic with romaine, spinach, carrots, cucumber, black olives, eggs, peas, onion, green pepper, and a strand of hair (which was discovered later, of course).

So, then I got to work and my co-workers were ordering Chinese food. I decided to pitch seven dollars at them in exchange for some steamed veggies. Then, I called the gf and told her to come by after work and she could eat my veggies. That sounds dirty.

Anyway so she showed up in the middle of a meeting. At this point, she was absolutely sick from not having really eaten (remember, the oatmeal was not appropriate due to the shit that Starbucks puts in it and her salad was not appealing) so she said little to nothing and looked upset. She grabbed the food after I explained that we were meeting and she'd have to eat elsewhere, and left. My coworkers all let out their breath as she left, thinking and commenting on it seeming like we may be having relationship issues. I laughed. Fun times.

So, now I'm sitting here realizing that if I want to get serious about any ideal of wanting to reach my ultimate goal of 140 lbs, I need to make a plan.

In 90 days, I want to be down to 210 lbs. This is not impossible. I was down at 210 lbs only about five months ago and then gained it back.

90 Days: 210 lbs.
60 Days: 220 lbs.
30 days: 225 lbs.

Honestly I think it's not a large enough goal but I've been failing for five months so I'm setting the bar lower and lower each time. Hey, if the bucket is overflowing, put less in, ya know?

So, in one week I will try to get myself down to 232 lbs. I think, with the cleanse, that this is possible, but we'll see!

Additionally, my goal is to complete 7 days of the cleanse and then the following week, the goal would be to finish the cleanse. For this week, I won't put working out as a goal because there should be a few days where I will feel kind of flu-like, and the WR professionals suggest that I don't work out during those days. But after day 6 I should be good to go on the whole working out thing.

So, now it's time to get ready for my next meeting. I am feeling slightly hungry so I will make myself some green tea.

2 comments:

  1. okay here I go again...

    I'll be cheering you on:-) good luck

    I've analyzed my emotional eating, my cravings,...it's been tough but, I'm treating myself to a break now. It really got to me, I felt a bit low but, I've found inspiration and strength to persevere.

    I wish you achieve your goal(s) and that you'll feel good in your skin and fit.
    But, remember, you're already gorgeous on the inside and out:-)

    xox
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this. wild rose herbal d-tox

    ReplyDelete